…With Apples, Cheddar and Toasted Almonds or Pine Nuts
- 4 cups very finely chopped or slivered curly kale or Russian kale (about 6 ounces on the stem, or half of a 3/4-pound bunch, stemmed and washed in two rinses of water)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 apple, sweet, like a Fuji, or a sweet-tart, like a Gala, Braeburn or Pink Lady, cored and cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ounce sharp Cheddar cheese, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 very small garlic clove, puréed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
1. Combine the kale, almonds, apple and Cheddar in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, garlic and olive oil. Add to the salad, and toss well. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top, and serve.