Smoothies are a great way to get many essential nutrients in one delicious, easy meal. This power packed smoothie is full of omega oils, chlorophyl, antioxidants, protein, and much more. Sure to keep you energized for your morning or afternoon if you have it at lunch!
- 2 kale leaves,
- handful of raw spinach
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 fresh beet chopped
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root chopped fine
- 1 tbsp spirulina or other greens powder
- 1 heaping tbsp of sesame, almond or any other nut butter
- options: add half an avocado (extra creamyness and good oils), hemp seeds (extra protein), half a carrot (betta carotene- good for skin and eyes)
- 1-2 tbsp omega oil
- 1/2 cup or 1 cup room temperature or warm water depending on how thick you like your smoothie. ( In Chinese Medicine we discourage eating and drinking things that are cold in temperature as this dampens the digestive fire and can decrease your energy).
Blend until smooth and enjoy!